Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Charity of the Month - Charles City Panthers



You know, I usually do one charity a month and I typically pick charities that have very heavy subjects attached to them. Whether it is helping to improve the lives of the needy or help find a cure for disease, I want to make sure that my donations go to meaningful causes. However, every once in a while, I like to pick things that are just good for the community. I like the idea of sponsoring a local kids sports team because I know how important health, fitness and sports are for someone to build character. Before I was in Real Estate, I used to run a gym for many years. I was very passionate about it. I think that there is a lot to learn from sports, it's about team building and learning to work with others when you share a common goal. This is especially true when it comes to football. 

For this month’s charity, I have picked the Charles City Panthers. They needed help to cover all the fees involved with getting uniforms and some operating costs. It was surprising to see that these kids sometimes don’t have all the things they need in order to successfully play a sport and this donation just facilitates their ability to do so. I am really happy that I am able to contribute every month to a different charity, if I was able to make a small dent in just one of these kid's lives, then that donation was worth it.

If you'd like to learn a little more about the Panthers, make sure to visit their school website. They are pretty good about keeping track of games going on and past scores. Visit their page by clicking right here. 

I am always looking for new and creative ways in making a difference, so if you think of a charity that I think I should donate to, please make sure to shoot me an email rhonda@rhondahowlett.com




No comments:

Post a Comment